Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
United Soccer League, its Clubs, and its venues are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums and facilities.
USL and its Clubs will immediately take action if the following behaviors occur as they represent a threat to the safety of the event:
- Fighting and/or inciting others to fight or inciting or engaging in unruly or disruptive behavior
- Causing significant damage to property
- Using (including on any sign or other visible representation) political, threatening, abusive, insulting, offensive language and/or gestures, which includes racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist or otherwise inappropriate language or behavior
- Threatening and/or abusive behavior directed towards other fans, players, officials or staff members will be subject to sanctions even if done outside the time period of a USL-SUM event (including on social media)
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any otherwise restricted area
- Possession or use of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework, or attempting to introduce one inside the venue.
- Throwing any objects onto the field (including streamers)
- Failing to follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct, stadium policies and emergency procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Inappropriate consumption of alcoholic beverages, which includes purchasing for, possession of, or consumption by a minor
The listed behaviors are prohibited based on safety and violations and will be subject to sanctions.
|LEVEL 1 OFFENSES||SANCTIONS|
|Fan violence||Level 1 offenses are considered serious offenses. These will carry a ban ranging from six months to one year based on aggravating and mitigating factors|
|Assaults/batteries on staff, vendors or other patrons|
|Using racial, sexual xenophobic, and/or homophobic language (including on signs or visible representations) or gestures or conduct|
|Throwing objects, of any kind, towards the field, players, and/or officials||An individual must provide a written request for readmission for his/her access to be reinstated|
|Causing significant damage to property|
|Provoking and/or inciting threatening or abusive behavior|
|Possession or use of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke, or firework, or attempting to introduce one inside the venue|
|Alcohol management – purchasing, or providing for consumption, alcohol for an underage minor|
|Field intrusion onto the field of play or a designated Critical Area|
|LEVEL 2 OFFENSES||SANCTIONS|
|Targeted using obscene or abusive language or gestures, or displaying any inappropriate sign or visible representation||Level 2 offenses carry a range of suspensions, depending on if they are the 1st or 2nd offense. Prior to the 1st penalty, individuals can be given a warning for their behavior.|
|Entering, or attempting to enter, any unauthorized area outside the designated critical areas|
|Alcohol management – excessive consumption of alcohol||1st offense ranges from 1-3 games|
|Ignoring instructions by League, Club & Stadium staff||2nd offense ranges from 3-5 games|
|Refusing to return the match ball||Any 3rd offense in a 12 month period will trigger a 1 year ban|
|Other misconduct where the venue is the victim, i.e. theft, scalping, minor property damage, etc.|
Under the new league-wide Bag Policy, fans are prohibited from bring the following into a stadium:
- Large purses
- Backpacks of any kind
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Any bag larger than 14″x14″x6″
Drawstring bags/cinch sacks are OK – We recommend using a clear bag
- Weapons of any kind
- Fireworks of any kind
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
- Any missile or projectile-like object
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers
- Laser Pointers
- Hover Boards
- Professional Camera Equipment
- Remote controlled aircraft (drones)
- Bottles, cans, coolers, containers, and food or beverage of any kind
- Noisemakers, plastic horns, air horns, whistles
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Canisters and small punch-hole size confetti
- Beach Balls
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by the stadium staff/security
Anyone with an item that does not pass security measures will be asked to either take the item back to their vehicle or dispose of it. Bags smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” will be thoroughly searched at the bag inspection area.
Banners are encouraged provided they are not commercial, offensive, or in poor taste. All banners and signs are subject to the approval of content and message. Banners may not obstruct the view of any guests, stadium signage, or present any safety hazards.
There is no re-entry policy at Zions Bank Stadium. In case of medical emergency see a guest services staff member.
Zions Bank Stadium and the Monarchs reserve the right to remove fans that do not adhere to stadium guidelines or fans code of conduct.
Zions Bank Stadium Fan Texting – 385-212-4249 – Please text our guest services team if you need any assistance or for reporting unruly/disruptive fans, seating issues, or suspicious activity.